To assist you in finding appropriate consumer advice, please try the helpful links below. –
These links provide information to State authorities whom act as “Building Code Police”

Victorian Building Authority (VBA):
Domestic Building Dispute Resolution Victoria

NSW Office of Fair Trading: 

Queensland Building and Construction Commission (QBCC):

South Australian Building Commission:

Western Australia Building Commission:  

Tasmanian Consumer, Building & Occupational Services (CBOS) :