Basement Tanking Design
When Tuesday, 9 March, 2020
Time 5:00 – 6:30 PM
Price $64.39 (includes online booking fee)
CPD Credit 1
Residential basements are now a popular building design feature due to limited space, particularly around the inner suburban environment. Basements require early planning and an in-depth understanding of the principles of waterproofing for these structures to survive and remain serviceable for their intended life span.
In this webinar, we will you to develop the necessary strategies to waterproof basements successfully. We will discuss and explain –
- habitable and non-habitable designs,
- water tables (natural & perched),
- hydrostatic and non-hydrostatic installations,
- the differences between blindside, positive, negative side tanking and
- how to integrate drainage.
We close off the webinar by introducing attendees to selecting a variety of alternative membrane systems based on a risk vs cost analysis.
- Learn the Mandatory compliance requirements to NCC for basement construction
- Habitable vs non-habitable designs
- Site assessment, risk analysis & OH&S requirements
- Hydrostatic vs non-hydrostatic pressure
- Positive, negative and blindside membranes
- Membrane system selection.
How to Register
Our goal is to help you develop the skills to use any product or manufacturer and become the best in your industry!
Teacher Byron Landeryou
Byron Landeryou is the founder of Waterproof Awareness and currently contracts to the Master Builders of Victoria where he is teaching waterproofing and assisting in the course and resource re-development of their current Industry-leading waterproofing courses.
Byron is one of few experienced waterproofing and tiling consultants in Australia with extensive knowledge and 20 years’ experience in under-tile waterproofing design, installation and teaching, fault identification and appropriate rectification processes.
Co-Developed by Martin Stockley
Martin Stockley has 40+ years of waterproofing experience including design of systems, specifications, quotations, and installation for a wide range of systems. His expertise includes to roofs, balconies, terraces, podium decks, planters, warm roofs, green roofs, basements and below grade retaining walls recommendations and remediation assessments.