Basement Tanking Design
November 16, 2021 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
About this event
Residential basements are now a popular building design feature due to limited space, particularly around the inner suburban environment. Basements require early planning and an in-depth understanding of the principles of waterproofing for these structures to survive and remain serviceable for their intended life span.
In this webinar, we will you to develop the necessary strategies to waterproof basements successfully. We will discuss and explain –
- habitable and non-habitable designs,
- water tables (natural & perched),
- hydrostatic and non-hydrostatic installations,
- the differences between blindside, positive, negative side tanking
- wet and dry basement considerations and
- how to integrate drainage.
We close off the webinar by introducing attendees to selecting a variety of alternative membrane systems based on a risk vs cost analysis.
- Learn the Mandatory compliance requirements to NCC for basement construction
- Habitable vs non-habitable designs
- Site assessment, risk analysis & OH&S requirements
- Hydrostatic vs non-hydrostatic pressure
- Positive, negative and blindside membranes
- Membrane system selection.
Developed and presented by:
- Byron Landeryou
- Martin Stockley
CPD Points Earned: 2